Friday 3 April 2009

Enemy of God (mincing words)


Mincing Words - Enemy of God

Here is another example of religion changing the meaning of words...

as a non-believer, if somebody used the phrase "Enemy of God" in reference to me, well.... them there's fighting words!!

If someone calls me an enemy of god I would turn around and say "Well Bring it on, bish!!!!".. well, maybe in real life i wouldn't but, i'd certainly raise an eyebrow and ask the person to explain themselves... but on the internet though, HELL YES... bring it, come on! bring it BISH! ..

I've already been through the whole explaining this to the fundies - they didn't care to understand that they were being hostile... but the rare few of them will turn around and say..

"oh NO!! I don't mean that makes you *my* enemy, it just means you're an enemy of god!!"

oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! i get it now... NOT! .... you change the meaning of words and we are supposed to understand? can you say arrogance?

so OK.. let's look at the phrase "Enemy of God"

believers who use that phrase, should take very special note of all this, not that they would, as it's obvious that most who would use the term "Enemy of God" don't really care to know what they are actually saying. It's "just" something they say, apparently.. so it's all good to them...

Well, that's just fucking unacceptable, using the term "you are an enemy of god" is a *THREAT*, and it is telling the person being threatened, to believe in god or else you are it's enemy.

Well that's what it says to me... Well, why else am I an enemy? I don't believe in your god so that makes me it's enemy?

So to the mincing of the phrase - "Enemy of God" - in the context of reality, some points to consider.....

* since when does god have an enemy that is some mere mortal being? what happened to the "all powerful" god? It's hardly fair that god make an enemy of me, what am i going to do to destroy god? oh wait... don't i have to believe in god in order to not believe in him.. it's what atheists do all day

"I believe in god... NOT! Psyche!! bahahhahah... hey god? you up there? oh that's right! you aren't!!! bahahahaha... I believe in god... not not NOT!! hahahahaha... bahahha.. triple negative... PSYCHE!!!"

* what difference does it make if my little self doesn't believe in god? god is an idea, so isn't it better that people don't mention their god to me? in case i destroy that idea in my head by not believing? isn't that more painful for god? to have the idea of god go into my brain, then get spat out as some weird arse idea, and then be forgotten until the next time someone mentions it and I repeat that process, just for the fun of it... you know, like a cat, when it catches a mouse.. how it lets it go... then pounces again, lets it go, stomps it again, lets it go, etc etc... generally taunting the mouse to death...

* Am I an enemy *because* I don't praise god, or that I don't acknowledge it's existence at all? or that I mock god's existence? or is it that i just don't care?

* Why does god need to have his ego inflated by people praising him? It's a bit of a stretch to think that god has an ego in the first place. If god had an ego, that would explain a lot of things but then again, ego's are supposed to be mortal things... so... hmm..

* Does god get his "power" from being praised and non-believers are a cancer sapping the life out of him by spreading their non-belief, thus if more and more people don't praise him then eventually there will be nobody to praise him, so he will then disappear?

hmmmm... ?

What believers don't seem to take note of, (ah, look the point has arrived) is how a non-believer might perceive what the believer says, even seemingly innocuous little phrases.

When a believer talks about "god" and what this god likes and what god does not like or god's wishes or whatever - the non-believer will just regard what the believer is saying as if they are talking about *themselves*.

What is this god to the non-believer? It is an IDEA or more accurately an OPINION.

Now I am all for everyone having their opinion, but when you disagree with me, you don't get to fucking challenge me to admit somehow that i am wrong and that you are indeed correct because this "opinion" of yours somehow supersedes or outranks my opinion, if that's who you think you are then don't bother speaking to me.

Telling me I need to believe in Jesus is not any different to me being told I need to change telephone companies for my long distance calls. This is called, being RUDE.

So when the non-believer is told that they "need" to do something in relation to their beliefs, it's like being told "you need to give me all your money and I won't be giving you anything in return."

Those infamous Westboro idiots and their "GOD HATES FAGS" placards, well to me that placard actually is saying "WE HATE FAGS" or "GOD HATES FAGS BECAUSE WE SAY SO"

So call me an enemy of god if you want, but to me, this god is only in the mind of the believer, so a believer is calling me an enemy of this 'god' idea, so being called an "Enemy of God", at least to the non-believer, is actually saying to that non-believer that they are an enemy of the believer's opinion and if you are an enemy to somebody's beliefs and opinions, eg. what they feel is right, then are you not an enemy of that person as well?

and what's that? that's fucking rude.. and that has nothing to do with god or religion. it's fucking rude being told I am enemy of god for just being here.

that's no different to some scientist saying that you're a piece of shit infidel scum for not concurring with his scientific findings...

an ode to a creationist... which inspired the above rant...



fuck you - i don't hate your god - there is no such thing - what a fucking waste of time it is to hate this god of yours - no, what I hate is the threats you fucked up christians keep making like it's your god given mission to *be* fucking stupid pricks but then you cry BOO fucking HOO when people call you out on it... well FUCK YOU

that video promotes violence - end of fucking story

christianity is supposed to be about peace and understanding - calling non-believers enemies of this god of yours is bullshit - this god of yours ONLY exists in your mind - making us enemies of YOUR god delusion

we are enemies of a FIGMENT of your own imagination

so again fuck you, see if you can figure that one out



mostly written 3rd April 2009, mostly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments?

the religious should not read these blogs, they *will* be offended

these are my rantings about religion - i speak fluent sarcasm - know this when you are reading and it will save you some heartache.